PPS Technology Department Mission/Purpose
Portland Public School District Technology Department will provide the highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost-effective manner, to facilitate the District’s mission as it applies to the management, teaching, learning, and community support.
To meet this mission we will:
- Provide effective technology support for audio/visual, computer, multimedia, voice, video, and web based applications and services to all students and staff.
- Promote and facilitate the effective integration of technology into the basic mission of the district through planning, programming, training, consulting, and other support activities.
- Develop, enhance, and manage the District’s enterprise network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity among all information resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support instructional, and administrative functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of information technology within the district .
- Provide leadership for effective strategic and tactical planning in the use of technology